Monday, July 16, 2007

A Public Apology


I would like to take this opportunity to make a public apology to all of my group members. Especially Kaira and Ravi. I wasn't there for fridays presentation and all held the group down on your lonely. I acknowledge my mistake and i have the decency to be honest about my absence. I woke up late. that's it. No crazy made up explanation I was just really tired. I wanted to go but i had no means of contacting you and i had no clue where it was being held. I know the folks at HL was probably looking at me a bit funny. I cant be mad at that. I let the team down and all i can do is listen to everybody's comments and just let them know that i understand why they're upset and i'm sorry. but im sick of the rest of you.
That means team Green and team blue. Just shut the hell up. I do not need your smart ass comments about my absence. My absence does not affect you so i do not need your grief. If anything my absence helped you. that means you team Blue!!! quite frankly i don't feel threatened. im back and me and my team are going to crush. So don't get yourselves all worked up all happy because you a few hundred points ahead. The Fusion can sneeze past your little lead. The nerve of these people. who run it? We do, keep that in mind next time you got sumthin to say.

P.S.: I must also thank my brother from another mother Damian for motivatin my ass out the bed this morning. He read Captain Kairas blog and told me that she said me and her iron fist were gonna have a little talk. so this morning I get a voicemail and it says: "Kevin get yo ass up and go to work. If you don't get up im gonna stick my IRON FOOT up yo ass." I proceeded to laugh and got ready for work.

You know some mornings everything just goes wrong. I woke up and took a shower but the water was cold. I ironed my shirt but the wrinkles just wouldn't leave. when i ironed the back side the front side got wrinkled. i must have ironed that shirt for at least a half an hour. then i go to the elevator and the stupid poeple are holding it a couple floors down. If your not ready why don't you let the elevator door go? after waiting for an elevator for 17 minutes I walk across the street to the bus stop. im listening to my music and I hear this loud noise. Out of the corner of my eye I see this green thing skid across the cement. these stupid project people are throwing water balloons out the window. Who throws water balloons out of the window at 11 in the morning? I ignore it because it didn't wet me thanks to the fact i was standing under the bus shelter. But then these jobless losers throw another which hits the roof of the shelter and makes a thunderous boom sound. The white guy at the bus stop gets worried and walks to the next bus stop. I could easily done the same bit then I stopped and thought... this is my block. why am I gonna leave my block because somebody else wants to be a jackass? So I step from under the bus shelter and I look up. I will omit the profanities but you can basically fill in the blanks. You punk ___ _______ need to come come out outside and do that ____ in my face. They shout back "____ you". and throw another. An orange one. I told them If that's how you feel get at me when you see me. Don't throw bricks and then hide your hand. _____." The 7 bus comes and I get on. I’m so pissed because I know if they see me they gonna just keep walking. Punks. Speaking of punks...
Yesterday I was leaving Forte Greene projects in Brooklyn when I run into my dude Shane. He told me that a mutual friend we had from night school was dead. His name was Carlos and some people he had problems wit killed him. I remember Carlos limping into class one day and telling me that he had been gone for so long because he got shot in the leg. He had a friend I don't recall the name. Lets call him Barry. Barry had a beef wit some people and they shot Carlos since they couldn't find Barry. The beef escalated and Carlos got gunned down. The audacity of these people to take a life. Everybody wanna go get they gun at the first sign of tension. These idiots don't even fully understand what it means to take a life. Yes, on the basic level you're stopping his life. He no longer breathes but it goes deeper than that. He had a family. He has a mother who will never get to see him again and a sister and brother. You have sentenced all of them to a life of sadness when you pulled that trigger. Whatever the beef was about, was it really worth harming his grandmother? His grandma will never get to cook for him again. His kids don't have a daddy anymore. I can’t even explain the magnitude of what these idiots have done. I think I do understand the magnitude of murder. That's why I don't engage in nonsense beef. If you thow a water balloon out the window I’m not gonna stop your life. If you kill my moms you have a problem. That's why when I tell my family that I would kill for them it means so much more. That means I am willing to risk jail my life and soul. It is the greatest promise of loyalty i could ever give. But these idiots don't get it. I guess life is only worth the price of a bullet.

1 comment:

C N1CE said...

Complex but down to Earth. People make mistakes, but I'm glad you found the humility to apologize for them. By reading your blog, I could tell that you are run of the mill angry black youth, surrounded by ugly apparition of poverty, with your mind entrenched in the world of bitches, bullets, and bling called Rap. Most of the time, African-Americans will make excuses or blame others for their mistakes or transgressions but you owned up to the fact that you were wrong.Props for doing that and facing the consequences like a man. In the future. I hope you can learn to take your responsibilities more serious. This my friend, is your current job. This is your main income. As such it should be treated, like such. In order to keep homestasis as your job, in addition to keeping up with your responsibilities, you should also respect your teammates. Disregard how bad they may perform or when they messed up and focus on yourself. Make sure at the end of the day that you, Dynamic, did all he could to make DF thrive. People will always murmur and make judgements on your actions but if you are doing what you are supposed too, they'll have nothing to say. Also keep in mind that when you dont perform, their disrespect should be expected not loathed. As Killer Mike would say "Thats Life". Anyway good luck on the rest of your projects. Always remember whenever you mess up, there's always a little pissant ready to take your place. Step up to the plate.